Condensation occurs in most Heating Oil, Red Diesel and White Diesel tanks which can contaminate your fuel and promote the growth of harmful tank sludge which can lead to application failure (including boilers and engines).
Tanksponge Eco is a brand new product manufactured by TankTopper and made with the environment in mind.
- Our product sits in your tank collecting any water that appears in the tank from condensation.
- The Tanksponge Eco holds a MAX of 0.7L.
- Removing the water in your tank will help maintain the quality of your fuel and enable your system to run both cleaner and more efficiently, giving you the peace of mind that your fuel will work to its maximum capability.
- The TankSponge Eco is made from 100% recycled plastic with a cotton absorbent sock and is packaged in 100% recycled cardboard.
- Water is heavier than fuel and rests at the bottom of your tank. The TankSponge Eco is weighted to enable it to sink to the bottom and absorb up to 0.7L of water.
The TankSpongeEco™ is designed to remove contaminated water from the base of vented heating oil tanks which are prone to the collection of water, specifically from condensation and atmospheric moisture.
The device consists of a specially moulded cage made from recycled plastic, which is also recyclable. The cage is hinged and designed to hold replaceable TankSponge Eco inserts, each of which will soak up to 700ml of contaminated water from the bottom of your oil tank, whilst not soaking up any of the heating oil.
Each cage is tested to be used more than 1,000 times, but should your cage get damaged in anyway, our Lifetime Guarantee means that we will replace it, for free - whatever the problem.
The TankSpongeEco package includes a single, reusable cage along with two inserts, enough to trap 1.4 litres of water. When the insert swells and fills the cage, simply remove the insert via the string which is attached to each one, open the cage using the biodegradable gloves which are shipped with the device, dispose of the water filled insert and replace with a fresh, dry unit. Close the cage and ensure that the clips are fastened, then lower the cage and insert back into the heating oil tank, tying off the string outside of the tank, ready to be used to check the device every few months.
In response to feedback relating to the original TankSponge product, the new Eco version is now manufactured with no single use plastic – The cage is from recycled plastic and could be recycled if required. The insert is made from cotton, as is the retrieval string. The product is boxed in recycled cardboard and the enclosed glove is biodegradable.